“Be My Puddin’ !” Challenge Fundraiser
Every so often you hear about some pretty amazing people, doing some pretty amazing things that grabs you and shakes you. It pulls you out the hum drum routine of your day to day life and resonates with you, it tugs on your heart strings and it compels you to do something that you might not ordinarily do. Those people are called heroes.
Today, Alien Cyborgs attended Elvira Mistress of the Dark and Stan Lee’s COMIKAZE Pop Culture Convention in Downtown L.A. It’s fitting that we met a couple of heroes who were ironically dressed as a pair of super villains. Mad Lovers Cosplay, a husband and wife cosplay team dressed like The Joker and Harley Quinn, were in attendance to soak up some culture and to also do something pretty heroic…they were there to raise funds for their aunt Kathy Gregory. Kathy has had a pretty rough year and has experienced some unfortunate circumstances but on top of that she was diagnosed with cancer for the third time in two years. This prompted them to come up with a selfless way of raising funds to help out their aunt financially.
[youtube id=”rj3wPjK2XO8″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
Inspired by the recent ALS Water Challenge videos, Mad Lovers Cosplay came up with a very “Joker and Harley-esque” challenge themselves. They enlisted the talented eye of D.P. Ryan Anderson (RadNerd) who also manned the camera to film the video. They also called upon the amazing skill set of second generation SFX wizard David T. Woodruff of Generation Effects, Inc. who applied the all make up and created the scar appliances for the shoot and for the Comikaze Pop Culture Con.
Calling it the “Be My Puddin’!” Challenge fundraiser, they need YOU to get involved!
HOW?! Glad you asked, read on true believers:
The fundraiser is a contest that puts YOU in control of the fate of Joker and Harley Quinn!
- Contributions count as Viewer’s Choice votes: each dollar is ONE vote. Contribute as much as you want, but the minimum contribution is $1. (There are no refunds once you’ve contributed!)
- YOU MUST INDICATE WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR! Please leave a message with your contribution: Joker, Harley, or split votes!
- The contestant who finishes with the most votes will be deemed the “Loser”.
- The Loser will be filmed taking the “Be My Puddin’ Challenge”: a 4-GALLON bucket of pudding poured on them. The Pudding Payoff video will be shared via this page, YouTube, our Facebook page, and Twitter!
- To offset the “waste”, for every ounce of pudding used, we will contribute 2 ounces of food to the local homeless shelter!
- All proceeds will go towards the “Carrying Kathy Through Cancer Fund”. To learn more about Kathy, please visit here: www.gofundme.com/RacingForKathy
If you can’t donate, thats ok. If nothing else, please share the word in hopes that Mad Lovers Cosplay reach their goal. Sometimes, heroes…even the ones dressed as villains need some help.
Every little bit helps and it just goes to show that …you don’t need a cape to be a hero.
SPEAK OUT WITH YOUR GEEK OUT
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in these articles, blogs and podcasts are those of the individual authors and pod casters. They do not necessarily reflect the policy or position of AlienCyborgs.com, their hosting company or any other of their affiliates. These blogs are intended as entertainment and opinion pieces only. These blogs may contain strong language, sex and control substance use, these blogs are meant for a mature audience only.
All Images, Videos, Characters, Logos and I.P are property of the prospective owners and appear courtesy of the owners and are not owned by Alien Cyborgs. Alien Cyborgs does not own any of the rights to any of the properties seen in this post.
“To have something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.”